Friday, October 31, 2008

Fabulous Food Friday: Spooky Treats

Happy Halloween! 
Last year I had a lot of fun making Halloween treats for the kids. I made these cute mummies stuffed with chicken salad:

You can find the instructions for these mummies here.

This year, my friend Teri told me about a Halloween treat that she was making and I had to give it a try. They were really easy to make which was great because this year I seemed to be full of festive plans, but short on time.


STEP 1: insert chow mien noodles into double stuff Oreos. I used chocolate mint Oreos cause those are my fave, but I think there are orange Oreos this time of year that would be cool too.


Second melt 4 squares of chocolate almond bark to 1 C chocolate chips and drizzle over the "spiders." I found it was the easiest to scoop up the spiders with a fork, then using a mini ladle or large spoon, drizzle over cookie until coated. Let the excess chocolate drip off and then place on waxed paper to set. Lastly use two mini M&Ms for eyes. The kids had fun with this part and were trying to figure out which color was the spookiest for spider eyes!

Chocolate covered spiders...good enough to eat!

No comments: