Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Crafty Cake!

I think I have just about recovered from my latest burst of creative energy. Last weekend we celebrated my son's second birthday with a cars, trucks and trains birthday. I found the cutest idea for a cake and decided to give it a try...
I don't know what I was thinking...this cake took 4 cake mixes and 2 days of prep to make. Decorating all the cookies (over 50 of them) was a 3 step process: outline with colorflow, let dry overnight, fill in with a thinned-down colorflow, let dry, then add all the details and let dry. After it was all done I realized it was all worth it, but in those 2 days, I was a wreck!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG....now that is something!
That looks like an awful lot of work and I am totally impressed!
Amazing!!

Anonymous said...

That cake is oh SO awesome!!! Well worth the work you put into it! You are so talented!!!! txpackrat

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!! You are so creative in everything you do.

Colleen said...

Wow! That cake is sooo totally cute! It was worth the work!!

Heather said...

Oh that is amazing! What wonderful cake! I bet he loved it!

Noelia said...

What an awesome cake! Your son will remember it forever!

Lorie said...

That might be one od the cutest cakes ever! What a great mom you are!!! I am sure your son loved it!!

Rachael said...

wow!! What a great cake!!! You go!!

EquineSpirit said...

Oh my GOSH! That's soooo freaking cute!!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa!!! You have outdone yourself my dear! Wowie! That cake rocks!! Just amazing!