Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Wall•E Birthday Invitation

Wow, it has really been a whirlwind of a week. Last weekend I was up to my eyeballs in fairy dust and butterfly wings and now I am switching gears and getting ready for my son's Wall•E party. Sunday night I was up late working on these invitations:

My son Zander really loves Wall•E so I wanted to come up with an invitation with a robot flavor. Many different ideas came to mind. I even thought of making the card out of sheets of tin, but then realized it would cost more to mail. I settled on this cool glittery black card stock from Doodlebug because it reminded me of outer space and all the sparkly stars in the sky. The Wall•E stickers are by Jolee's and the screw shaped brads were the store brand from Michaels. The information section was done on my computer using InDesign. It was fun to incorporate Zander's name in the style of Wall•E's logo.

3 comments:

Jerri-Lea said...

How was the Wall-E birthday??
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Yes, how was the party? Anxiously awaiting an update!! You're so creative.

Angela said...

Hi! I was curious what font you used for the text on the Wall-E invitation. It is so cute! My son wants a Wall-E party in a few months, so I may use your idea. Thanks!