So here's the scoop on the olive penguins...they are easy to assemble in just a few steps:
1. First drain the juice from a can of Jumbo olives.
2. Next cut out a slice of olive.
3. Then fill with softened cream cheese. I used a sandwich bag with the tip cut off to pipe the cream cheese into the olive. (you can also just use your finger).
4. Smooth out the cream cheese and wipe away any cream cheese from the outer part of the olive.
5. Cut a small carrot into 1/4" disks. (This will be the feet.)
6. Now cut away a small triangle for the beak. (hey looky...it's pac-man!)
7. Cut a slice vertically down the long side of a small olive.
8. Insert the carrot triangle. (You may have to slice the triangle thinner to fit inside the slit.)
9. Now that you have all your pieces, just insert a toothpick through the head, body and down into the carrot feet.
Repeat this process until you have enough penguins for your party. I found that it worked best to prep all the parts and then assemble all at once. If you need to store these over night, keep them in an airtight storage container with a little olive brine.