Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spring Break Getaway at the Oregon Coast

Contrary to what it looks like, this was taken near Lincoln City on "Spring" Break last week...yes, that is SNOW!

Here you can see the snow in the foothills along the coastline...it was pretty crazy to see snow in March at the beach!

Here I am with my kiddos all bundled up!

I actually brought my stamps with me to the beach. It has been sooo long since I've made any cards. Quite a few of the stamp sets I brought weren't even assembled yet, so the first night I put them all together and then spent all day stamping. I love this little picture I made using the "All in the Family" set from Stampin' Up to represent Zander, Natalie and Hayden. The image of the kids is water colored using water color pencils.

This gate fold card was made with the "Time with You" set from Stampin' Up and is also water colored. I forgot to bring my foam dimensional with me, so I just used the mounting foam I had leftover after I cut out my stamps the night before. I peeled off the rubber and the adhesive back and and was left with double-sided sticky backed foam. I then stamped, colored and cut out the top part of the umbrella and used the foam to mount/layer the umbrella over top of the original image so it pops out more. I'm sure this is clear as mud, but it looks 3 dimensional.

Here is the inside of the card which reads: "My very favorite thing to do is spending time with a friend like you."

No comments: