Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandma!

This card is on it's way to you...

Today is my Grandma's birthday (I think she is 83!). Unfortunately, she lives in New York and I am in Oregon...so I don't get to see her very often. The last time we were able to visit was in the spring of 2003. I have been dropping hints to my husband that I would like to go back next year, so let's hope it all works out!

My grandma and I have been pen pals ever since I learned how to write, but now I am able to keep in touch with photos as well on our family blog.

This was a fun card to make and I wouldn't normally think to pair brown with green, but I love how it turned out. I sponged the flower with cocoa ink so it stands out more against the cream colored lace paper.

7 comments:

toners said...

I love the lace paper! Who makes that?

And Happy Birthday to your Grandma :) I am a pen pal to my Grandad who lives on the south coast of England - aren't their letters the best? Have a great weekend!

Alyssa said...

The lace paper is very old school. It came on a spool I found at Goodwill about 7-8 years ago. I think it was all of 50 cents!

CircesMagic said...

Very nice card, and may your grandmother have many more happy years ahead of her.

I am from NYC now living in Indiana, my mom is back in brooklyn and I miss her terribly, I can't wait for her to get a computer so we can web chat.

April said...

What a beautiful card. Hope your grandma has a wonderful birthday:)

Barbara Eastwick said...

It's a great card - she'll love it! Happy Birthday to her! I miss my Grandma - I used to write her all the time.

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandma. Beautiful card. Love how you used the lace

Staci said...

What a beautiful card! TFS.