Wednesday, January 24, 2007

faithbooking

I just came across a thread on 2 peas that was discussing faithbooking (scrapbooking your faith, kind of like a prayer journal of sorts). Every week there will be a new challenge to scrap. This week's was "what's your favorite verse?"

For once, I decided I wanted to make my own "stuff" instead of using patterned paper and embellishments, I water colored this heart and did my own calligraphy and journaling. This was a stretch for me, cause I like things to be, well perfect!

I haven't thought about calligraphy for 10 years or so, but I just found my pen (not the kind with the interchangeable nibs, but a felt tipped pen) and wanted to give it a whirl. I didn't take time to draw out lines and I didn't worry if they weren't spaced right. I just wanted to create something for the sake of creating. I water colored the heart and stippled it in, wrote out my verse, and tore around the whole design and presto...my own unique creation.

It was kind of different scrapbooking without photos. I think I like how it turned out, but I'm not sure if I want to continue this challenge with 12x12 pages. I may just go out and get a smaller journal that I can write more in. I dunno, what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! and you did fabulous. I first learned caligraphy my sr. year in High School - which is why my handwritting looks like it does - I took some of the techniques and made them my own.
CM does faithbooking - I like it because it helps us remember or recall God's miraculous work in our lives. It does not only benefit us, but also future generations.
I too am planning on doing this - I was thinking of doing it in a 7x7 book. Perfect for a coffee table or night stand.