Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bubble Bath

The bubble background on this page was made by doing the following:
1. Take a cup (disposable) and put in equal parts dish soap and paint (or re-inkers). Filling it no more than 1/2" from the bottom.
2. Add a couple drops of water and stir with a straw, making sure that it doesn't get too frothy.
3. Now blow until bubbles start forming.
4. Keep blowing until you have a pile of bubbles flowing up past the rim of the cup.
5. Carefully invert your paper onto the bubbles. Don't let your paper touch the rim of the cup or you will get a circle of paint on your paper too.
6. Repeat until your whole page is covered.


The stamped letters were made by applying several layers of Chrystal Effects to them before I cut them out. All stamps, ink and paper are Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! You've inspired me to try this technique out.
I just love Crystal Effects. I just made a card the other day using that stuff. I had to stop myself or the whole card would have been glossy!
The other thing I liked about your layout was that you used those circle tags to journal on and they looked like bubbles.
Very cute!

Alyssa said...

So glad you noticed. It was intentional, but I hated to point it out. Good eye!